Am I nuts or ??????

Dan Lindberg

Ex Wood Hoarder
I looked at another canoe project this weekend, and I "passed" on getting it,
thinking it was a little too far gone (think dry rot) and a little too many $$'s.

BUT it was a Morris, and I still passed.

Am I nuts or ???????????

For Kathy, it was a later curved short deck version with 3 ribs and open gunwales. It did not have the S/N plate, though the drive nail holes could be clearly seen on the top of the stem.

Dan

I was accused of the same when I passed on a Morris a long time ago. I've never looked back and regretted it. (The fact that it was 20' might have helped...)

Hi Dan,

Guess what I ran into last week.........

Remember that gal with the Rehbein canoe? who was writing an article about it, well I came across the article.

Did you ever get a copy of it?

If not, I'll a scan the mag and send it to you, there may even be addtional info about Rehbein.

Dan

nuts? no way

I find logical thought and financial restraint are often confused for mental fragility.
Dan, at 20' I hope it had a motor... I'd have passed too, that's too long for my carhole.

Gee guys, Kathy says we need [yeah right] a 13 footer,15 footer and the 20 then we'd have all the lengths Morris made. I'd go for the 13 and 15 but bulk at the 20.:)
Denis

No, Denis, you "balk" at some of my canoe-related suggestions, like the 20 foot Morris or a war canoe... you "bulk" at... hmmm... probably just thinking about chocolate. You balk because I don't do much of the lifting, because I am over a certain age... you bulk because you are over a certain age.

That's Ok Denis, some years ago I also passed on a real nice OT 20ft Guide, just cause it was way too large for me to handle.

And now that I think about it, a 18 or 20 ft Morris also.

Dan

Hmmmm.........guess I belong to that "pass" club also...had a chance to get a sweet looking Morris that basically only needed a new skin and passed on that one about 3 weels ago(600)....where to you find the passes stamped ACCEPT on the face :(

Dan Lindberg said:
Hi Dan,

Guess what I ran into last week.........

Remember that gal with the Rehbein canoe? who was writing an article about it, well I came across the article.

Did you ever get a copy of it?

If not, I'll a scan the mag and send it to you, there may even be addtional info about Rehbein.

Dan

No I don't think I ever did get a copy. Would love one...

Thanks,
Dan

Andre Cloutier said:
I find logical thought and financial restraint are often confused for mental fragility.
Dan, at 20' I hope it had a motor... I'd have passed too, that's too long for my carhole.

Nope, no motor. At the time I may have passed on that too, but not now. I'd take a Morris motor canoe any day.

The gal with the 20' Morris also had an 18' PY Rainbow that did follow me home. That one was a regret...

I would love a cop of that article as well if you'd be willing to share? I have 2, possibly 3 Rehbein canoes. A 16 ft and a 13 ft for sure. The third one I am not certain is a Rehbein and I am unsure on it's length.

Back