Help support the WCHA Forums by making a tax-deductible donation!

15th Annual Killbear Paddlers Rendezvous/ Northern Lakes chapter

Discussion in 'Wooden Canoe Events' started by john hupfield, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Andre Cloutier

Andre Cloutier Firestarter. Wicked Firestarter.

Perfect weather and pretty good wind! Launching, paddling, swimming and partial group shot.

Attached Files:

2. Andre Cloutier

IMG_3840.JPG few more.. IMG_3837.JPG IMG_3734.JPG IMG_3904.JPG IMG_3810.JPG IMG_3753.JPG

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  3. Andre Cloutier

IMG_3841.JPG IMG_3840.JPG and..

Attached Files:

4. woodcanoenut

woodcanoenut 1914 Old Town Charles River

Looks like a great weekend was had by all. Thanks for sharing!

5. Craig Johnson

Craig Johnson LOVES Wooden Canoes

Just got back from attending my first Paddlers Rendezvous, unbelievably wonderful, perfect weather, great people. Thanks to all who were involved. Here are a few photos.
    Craig

Attached Files:

6. Andre Cloutier

WHOOPS i forgot Ohio !:eek:

7. Murat V

Murat V Enthusiastic about Wooden Canoes

Wow...you guys weren't kidding about that sunset on the 1st night...stunning! Plenty of fun meeting and sharing stories with you folks. Here are some additional shots

Attached Files:

8. WoodNCanvas

WoodNCanvas LOVES Wooden Canoes

Sounds like a good time had by all....you certainly had great weather....really sorry I didn't make....but will definitely try to get back up there next year....

9. David McDaniel

David McDaniel Canoe Dude

We had a great time, Thanks to John & Andre for a cool event! [ ATTACH=CONFIG]0[/ATTACH] DSCN1669.jpg DSCN1681.jpg DSCN1667.jpg

10. David McDaniel

David McDaniel Canoe Dude

11. Dick Persson

Dick Persson Canoe builder & restorer

I had a great time, although I had to cut it short. Thanks John, Andre and Rob for a great event! IMG_0887.jpg

12. Fitz

Fitz Wooden Canoes are in the Blood

Hospitality

Many thanks to Andre, Rob, John and all the other WCHA folks for all the wonderful hospitality and a great event. I didn't take too many pictures since I was too busy falling into Georgian Bay :eek:.

Steve and I brought home the coveted "Killbear Award". The criteria for the award is still under development, but it has something to do with traveling long distances due to canoe addiction and swimming capabilities. We hope to return the award next year for any others who may be in serious contention to challenge. Extra credit is given for correct deck ID.

Andre tells me that Lake Huron, "Never gives up her dead", but if you find a sweatshirt somewhere in the chain of Great Lakes, it may belong to me.:)

Fitz.

Attached Files:

13. Andre Cloutier

There is no shame in washing out your canoe periodically, it gets the dust out of the hard to reach places.:D You noticed mine is sparkling clean.... Next year we will have a trophy for you recongnizing endurance and the most re-entries! Glad you enjoyed yourselves and we look forward to hosting you and maybe more Norumbegas next year. Looks like we may have a bunch more Michiganders too.

14. Fitz

Fitz Wooden Canoes are in the Blood

Andre's 16-30

Here are a couple of photos of Andre on his Infernal Contraption.

Attached Files:

15. Craig Johnson

Can Anyone identify themselves and the canoe in this photo or know who it is? It was friday evening. Thanks .
    Craig

Attached Files:

16. Andre Cloutier

I'm pretty certain that's the unmistakable stem profile of a dove grey Peterborough Champlain, and it looks like my hat... my boat but could be Rob, Steve, Vic, not certain about the paddler since i was likely tending to the fire(s)

17. Steve Lapey

Steve Lapey LOVES Wooden Canoes

Not me - that leaves Rob or Vic.

Thanks Andre for your hospitality, we really enjoyed Killbear. Those who didn't come missed a good time. Can't wait til next year.

18. Rob Stevens

Rob Stevens Wooden Canoes are in the Blood

Not be me either. I was closer to the smaller fire.

19. Craig Johnson

Thanks guys.
    I wanted to submit it for the calendar and they probably care more about identifying the boat than the paddler.
    Craig

20. Andre Cloutier

In that case, 1940s Peterborough Champlain, model 1492