12 ft UFO?

Treewater

Wooden Canoes are in the Blood
This 12 footer, actually 11 ft 10 inches, was on ebay last July and I finally got it home. S IMG_4428.jpg Somewhere someone suggested it was Canadian built.

Attachments

• IMG_4429.JPG
    IMG_4429.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 439
The deck is like a St. Louis arrow head but gunwales end in a blunt square. You can see it if you look close. IMG_4439.jpg
There is no keel and a fair amount of rocker. Weighs 48 lbs. 30.5 inches across on the single thwart.
IMG_4425.jpg
Forward seat attachment is different and there is a cap on the inner wale. Cap is thin, like 1/8 inch.
IMG_4431.jpg
Bang strips have a "wing" at the top and the strip itself ends by being pushed down in the deck.
IMG_4421.jpg

Last edited:
Good construction. Seems to be original canvas, or just old, but surface was not all that smooth. Sort of orange peel. a rather tippy boat and of course, hard to keep on track w/o keel. IMG_4435.jpgIMG_4423.jpgNo serial numbers I could find, No ID of any type. Great planking job. Every plank even. Every rib straight and even.

Thanks. I posted pics to the Bastien page. Maybe someone else has one. Does anyone know when they were building?

Back