New website

David Satter

Wooden Canoe Maniac
OK, so I'm confused a little. woodencanoe.org is the new site? It looks like it's ready, just maybe not the forum section? Am I right and will wcha.org go away when the new site is finished?

Last edited:
The new web site is live now and congratulations to Colleen Hovey for taking over as webmaster.

Benson

Nice!

I did notice the mission statement is truncated below the blue canoe.

Fitz

I did notice the mission statement is truncated below the blue canoe.

It actually is all there when selected and highlighted as shown below but the white on white part is not easy to read. I have notified Colleen of this and expect that she will get a chance to fix the alignment issue soon.

Benson

WCHA-2019.jpg

Last edited:
Presumably screen size, resolution make a difference in what you see on your screen. I noticed that the "About" and Wooden Canoe landing pages also are "cut off" on my laptop screen. I have not looked at the site on my desktop. That said, it's a nice refreshed look with now expected attention to white space.
One thing I find myself missing are older classifieds. I wonder if that is a sort that might be accessible? The current listing includes current items but more often than not I have found myself looking at older ones.

One thing I find myself missing are older classifieds. I wonder if that is a sort that might be accessible?

Yes, but not easily. The old site has just been disabled so we can still turn it back on temporarily if someone needs something. Do you want all of the old classifieds or just some in particular?

Benson

Great question. Any listing.can be interesting when you are researching or trying to locate something. Some of the canoes that have been offered for sale here are pretty interesting.

I suspect that the Wayback Machine archive at https://web.archive.org/web/20201204223634/http://wcha.org/classifieds will be the best solution for finding old classifieds from the WCHA site. This will let you go back to 1996 which is much older than the Drupal based web site and database. The sold listings at eBay can also be helpful since they also include the selling price (except when a best offer has been accepted). These only go back about a month so I keep a folder full of interesting canoe pictures that I've seen in various classified listings. Good luck,

Benson

Back